My name is Timo Kuhn — This is my Résumé
Professional Positions (USA)
- Since Mar 2020 · Free Association (Full-time, Remote)
- Design Director at Free Association, a design agency focused on digital products and brand systems.
- Oct 2019 – Feb 2020 · The Owls (Full-time, Remote)
- Head of Design at The Owls, a fast-moving experimentation company using data science and user research to build better products and train teams at brands of all sizes.
- May 2016 – Sep 2019 · Dscout (Full-time)
- Started as a Product Designer and worked my way up to Design Director. I lead all things design, from the brand to the product, from the enamel pins to the design system.
- Jun 2011 – May 2016 · Carbonmade (Full-time)
- Spent four years improving and building the new Carbonmade experience and crafting their catalogue of themes.
- Aug 2008 – Jun 2011 · Rockwell Group (Full-time)
- Working on various print, identity, environmental and web-design projects. I was in charge of redesigning their web-presence, and I also created the website for Imagination Playground. (Both of which have since changed).
- Feb 2005 – Jul 2008 · Rockwell Group / Studio Red (Freelance)
- Working on various print, identity, environmental design and graphics for a Coca-Cola showroom in Atlanta, rebranding of Asbury Park and Absolut Vodka Suite in Las Vegas.
- Aug 2004 – Oct 2004 · Rockwell Group (Freelance)
- Developing wayfinding and signage for FAO-Schwarz in New York City.
- May 2004 – Aug 2004 · I.D. Magazine
- Helping out as Associate Art Director through the summer. Redesign of the corporate identity, new website, and layout of the magazine.
- Nov 2002 – Jan 2004 · Rafael Viñoly Architects PC
- Responsible for the redesign of the website, the new corporate identity, presentations and exhibitions for various Projects (World Trade Center, Beijing Olympic Swim-Stadium, European Central Bank)
Professional Positions (Switzerland)
- Feb 2002 – Sep 2002 · Lars Müller Publishers
- Typographical designer and responsible for pre-press procedures. Amongst other things, I worked on Helvetica and Herzog & de Meuron: Natural History and Rafael Viñoly Monograph.
- Aug 2000 – Dec 2001 · soDA magazine
- Responsible for the entire pre-press and production processes. As well as responsible for the website of soDA magazine. “On loan” from soDA to Citizen K in Paris, France as a lithographic advisor in August 2001.
- 1995 – 1999 · School of Visual Arts, Bern, Switzerland
- Apprenticeship as Typographer. (Equivalent of a BA in Typography)
- Society for Environmental Graphic Design
- Merit Award, 2007, Absolut Find Your Flavor Suite
- HOW Magazine
- Winner, 2007, Absolut Find Your Flavor Suite
This Résumé lives online at http://timo.is/resume/